Wednesday 6 May 2020

Wednesday 6 May

Day 52, if I'm not mistaken. And the olive pollen has been HECTIC.

[Photo by Frank Albrecht on Unsplash]

Yesterday I renewed my prescription for numerous anti-histamine related items and - since I had gone to the trouble to don face mask, gloves and all things Covid cautionary, and had his undivided attention - I asked the doctor about immunotherapy.

Turns out this would involve monthly injections for 3-5 years. I mean, I like the guy but I'm not sure I fancy seeing him that often. I took my regular prescription and said I needed time to consider my options.

Today's morning walk - as delightful and refreshing as it was to be outside - served as a potent reminder to get to the pharmacy to fill the script. Having done so, I began on the adjusted regimen. Now I find myself wondering whether that funny taste in my mouth is related to the medication, or is an early sign of C19 viral symptoms? I doubt it, but the scary buzz in the air gets into your head.

I'm sorry to report another downer today (I will try to turn the tone upward shortly, bear with me). Our Internet has been struggling and today Manu was finding it hard to get school work done. It's pretty unpredictable - my Zoom connections were fine - but frustrating nevertheless. So let's see what can be done about it ... we had been laughing about what would happen to everyone if, after being confined to their homes, the Internet gave out. It could be we're the ones to find out.


In spite of all this, Keziah and her friend worked together (remotely) on their joint book project, a team-mate and I made an initial pass at how we might shift our training plans to an online alternative, and I also managed to do some work on my website (feel free to take a look at it and give me your feedback, if you're twiddling your thumbs out there).

The girls were amenable, the food was good, and I got a workout in. All in all, not too shabby for Day 52.


No comments:

Post a Comment