Thursday 21 May 2020

Thursday 21 May

Day 67 and it's Ascension Day.

How good for us to be reminded that the resurrected Jesus - in his real human body, that was recognisable and yet somehow 'different' - moved the small yet grand distance from this time/space dimension to the other, heavenly dimension. He is now seated in community with Father and Spirit, and there he is interceding for us.

This is good news! 'Cause boy, do we need to know that a way has been made for us, in all that it means to be human, to find our place in that other dimension where wholeness and freedom reign in an environment of love. And that there's someone ahead of us, showing us how to be while simultaneously realising that there's no way we can do it on our own. I'm betting he's pretty motivated to keep praying while we figure out all this earth-bound stuff!

Anyway, in the spirit of being limited - you know, human - I am 'fessing up that I'm not posting this on the 'right' day. The day was full, all I wanted to do at the end of it was watch an episode of something easy-going with my daughter. So I did.

I did, however, create this little video earlier in the day, for a couple of groups I am running on social media. So, in case you didn't see it I'll go ahead and post it here too.


Is Ascension Day a date that you mark in some way? What does it mean to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment