Friday 29 May 2020

Friday 29 May

This will be just a fun Friday catch-up:

I got my hair cut! What a great feeling, in spite of the weirdness of waiting outside the salon before being admitted, and wearing a mask while he washed and cut. It feels so good to get all the length off the back of my neck. I've already heard from several friends who are still not able to visit the hairdresser - some whose husbands or friends have cut their hair (very brave!), one who tried attaching hair extensions, one who took to her head with a pair of hair clippers, and others who are quietly going mad with frustration as their hair gets longer and longer, and they feel less and less like themselves. All I can say is, I feel you and I'm sorry!


I went in the pool! This is only momentous because for 2 weeks now, the rest of the family have been enjoying the above-ground pool we put up for the summer. They do give me a lot of flack for not joining them in the pool, but truly, I need it to be 38-40°C before I can totally get under the water (such a wimp). I thought standing in the water was a good first step for now!


Flowers were delivered to the house! I was so surprised, since this is the first time I have received a flower delivery since we moved to Spain. It was from one of the lovely people who took part in the online retreat we did yesterday. I don't know about you, but it tends to be pretty rare that people spontaneously offer feedback after teaching or events (not a bad thing - it keeps one's focus on the real reason for doing it) and this felt really special. Plus: flowers! One of my favourite things.


I bought Manu clothes and she liked what I chose! Seriously, over these months she has grown out of so many clothes that she had just two t-shirts and two pairs of shorts that still fit her. I saw a local store was open - with only one other person inside - and found some lovely sporty options for a great deal. An all around win! And she's just the cutest 12 year old you could ever hope to see.


Another milestone was Sabbath meal shared in person with our people (yay!). And in between all this, online meetings, writing for various projects, and nudges forward in plans for the future. An ordinary-beautiful-ordinary day!









2 comments:

  1. Yo go Miranda!! You have such a sweet spirit!! Love the haircut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete