Thursday 14 May 2020

Thursday 14 May

60 days of home confinement! Isn't it funny the things we feel should be celebrated?!

Perhaps these events can be called celebrations ...


I attended a 3 hour retreat that was being offered by Global Connections. It was actually for people working overseas who had had to return to the UK because of the pandemic, so I didn't exactly fit the bill. But I wanted to get an idea of how people might offer retreat like experiences via online platforms. There were between 70 and 90 people on this call, so it wasn't possible to have any interaction between participants and it was all led by one guy who offered thoughts or content and then allowed pauses for personal reflection. That's certainly one way to help people carve out reflective time for themselves, and is helpful in that it offers a bit of direction (in this case, following more of a debrief outline). Anyway, worth dropping by in my quest for learning how to do this well.



Keziah hosted a live video on Instagram, sharing her favourite vegan recipe of the moment and cooking it with her friends' encouragement from around the world. It made me think of the way we would pretend to be TV cooking show hosts when we were kids - now you can actually be a cooking show host! We were the fortunate ones who got to eat the food, and it was delicious.

[Photo by Jacek Dylag on Unsplash]

Since we've been allowed to take exercise a bit more freely, I have been occasionally routing my walks or runs past friends' houses so that I can leave goodie bags on their gates. Today Tim and I walked together and left some fun books and some sweets at one family's house. I feel like Santa in Spring ... this may be a practice I want to take with me from lockdown, haha!

How about you? Are there things you have begun doing during these strange days that you might want to continue when things find their equilibrium again?


No comments:

Post a Comment