Sunday 5 April 2020

Sat/Sun 4-5 April

This weekend brought us officially to the end of 3 weeks in lockdown, and with that milestone came the news that the State of Alarm in Spain has been extended for another 3 weeks. So, barring any further extensions, we are halfway through.

The coming week will bring with it a change of rhythm, which is no bad thing. It is Semana Santa and Manu is 'off school' as if she weren't already. I am not sure how I feel about this, since I think it will take more of my energy to keep her entertained and the mood light. But hey, since it is the week where we remember the way of the cross, that seems entirely appropriate.

Back to this weekend.




 We've enjoyed some brighter weather this weekend, so we have spent more time in garden. Also, in an attempt to avoid the feeling that each day is an endless round of meal-times, we tried to switch things up a bit. As well as sour-dough pancakes for Sunday brunch, this included a yummy BBQ/braai ... we just finished grilling before we felt the drops of rain that had been holding off all day. We retired to a covered balcony and watched as the clouds came in.






We got some more outdoor play in too. And for some reason, 
Manu felt this merited a pink sparkly fedora.

With the news of the extended lockdown, we read that the government may relax certain restrictions (over walks outside, hopefully) if they can source sufficient numbers of face masks to make wearing them compulsory. To me, it sounds ridiculous to make face masks available to the general public when there are not enough for medical staff. So I did what has been on my mind for days, and made my own. Of course, these are not surgical face masks but they are useful in a pinch. I think this qualifies. (If anyone local wants to put in an order, let me know.)



Speaking of over-worked and under-resourced medical staff, in the UK some bright spark called for a national garden campout this weekend, as a fundraiser for the NHS. Last I heard, they had raised over £80,000 and also had fun camping in their back gardens.

Tim has decided he doesn't even need a tent. He's using his bivvy bag in the back garden tonight. It's not half as fun as being up on a mountain somewhere but, hey, at least there won't be any planes flying overhead.

The other side of the story is that the girls, for their part, were going to camp on the balcony, but they ended up arguing and withdrawing to their separate corners. At this point, I am just glad that they have separate corners!

Me? I am just going to sit here quietly with my glass of wine and see how long I can keep a dampener on the magnetic field that seems to draw family members into my circuit, no matter where I am in the house. Anybody feel me?!

Oh, there we go. Less than 60 seconds ...












No comments:

Post a Comment