Friday 3 April 2020

Friday 3 April

Day 19 and it's been a day!

All started well over breakfast when, with what was either prescience or powerful suggestion, I read a liturgy 'for a fleeting irritation.' It reads, 'Uproot ... all arrogance and insecurity that would prompt me to dismiss or disdain others, judging them with a less generous measure than I reckon when judging myself.' Somehow the day turned into the most irritable day of the past 3 weeks! Go figure. To put it another way, it gave us every opportunity to live into the truth of our morning's prayer!

Anyway, I did finish an article I had promised to submit by the end of the week. I do so love checking things off. In fact, I have been known to make lists after I have done the things, just so that I can check them off the list! Don't tell anyone.

Having gotten into the groove of story-telling, Tim also pulled together this short story devotional. I love it and I hope he does more ... tell me what you think.


It's been sunny and the neighbourhood has been more lively. A number of people have been out in the street, chatting to one another over garden walls. It has felt a bit more cheery, although Tim said the tension in the supermarket is still palpable. The checkout staff were short-tempered and bickering with one another today, they must be worn out.

The 8 o'clock applause apparently began early today. I heard people applauding in the street at about 7:10pm and thought it strange, until I realised that an ambulance was passing down our street and neighbours were applauding the paramedics on board. The 8pm ripple of clapping went ahead as usual, just as we finished our Sabbath connect time over Zoom.

And then, the fleeting irritations of the day having been put to bed over communion, we settled down for pizza and a movie. The best way to end most Fridays, and especially the 19th day of what looks like being a lengthy lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment