Monday 1 June 2020

Monday 1 June

It's a new week and a new month. And, boy, have I been learning things today?! I have been deep in the underground tunnels of social media use. That is, I am learning more about how to use social media intentionally in order to connect with purpose, rather than haphazardly and as-the-mood-takes-me.

The only visible evidence of today's learning as far as you, dear reader, are concerned, is the little box at the bottom of this post. You will see you have the option to subscribe to my newsletter. Yes, I am asking if you'd like to take our relationship to the next level (it's a long time since I had that kind of conversation, and I still remember it well - that November evening on a parkland bridge in Leamington Spa). I digress.

For you and I, dear reader, this is simply an invitation to stay in touch. You know that I am a firm believer in the need to join arms as we navigate our way through life's ups and downs. Receiving my newsletter will simply be another way for you to know that you have some empathetic company for the road ahead. I will let you know when there are resources you might find helpful, books I am enjoying, or events where you and I could even meet in person (now, that would be fun!).


Here in Spain we moved into Phase 2 of our emergence from lockdown. This has various implications although, at least in our town, these do not include the opening of public swimming pools. Honestly, I could pass on the idea of sharing swimming water with anyone outside of my immediate family,  and I can imagine feeling that way for quite some time. I will happily stick to our recently acquired canoe for summer water-play options! Tim, on the other hand, is desperate to swim! So while Manu was finishing school and I was figuring out all things social, Tim and Keziah ventured to a nearby reservoir to check out the swimming options. 

Tim enjoyed his first swim in 3 months. I am looking across at him as I write this - and he looks like a happy bunny! How about you? What activity have you missed the most since lockdown started?

Post a comment and don't forget to subscribe if you'd like to stay in touch.







No comments:

Post a Comment