Thursday 1 December 2016

A Poem about Motherhood

Since my last post was about motherhood, I dug this out. It is one of a number of poems scribbled into journals, scrawled in half-legible handwriting and followed by To Do lists, doodles and incomplete thoughts. For all its lack of any careful 'crafting,' I love this poem for the way it takes me back to that wonder of saying yes to so much more than you could have ever imagined.

And for a special treat, I will post a photo taken when Keziah was a baby ;-)



It’s all New

I’m filled with newness, with the unknown,
With expectation, with hope 
And with fear.

It’s all new, this life that forms within me.
I said yes to something new, and now there’s no stopping it.
It’s taken on a life of its own.

And now this life that’s at once its own,
And also mine,
It’s here.

Life that’s beautiful and delicate,
Life that’s wailing and desperate,
It’s here.
And I hold it, yet it’s too much for my grip.

This life that grows towards the light,
Following an ancient path.

Life that’s everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment